We are happy to announce that blog.usf.edu has been upgraded, offering many new features to our users.
- Flickr Plugin- supports insertion of Flickr account photos into posts as well as hosting galleries
- Picasa Plugin- supports insertion of Picasa photos from any publicly-accessible account
- Twitter Plugin- Can add a twitter feed to the sidebar of your blog
- Share This Plugin- Adds a link to each blog post, allowing Share This users to quickly distribute links to your post to social networking sites in a few clicks
- ‘Pretty’ Permalink Support- Allows your post URL to take the form of http://netid.blog.usf.edu/2010/03/11/blog-post instead of http://netid.blog.usf.edu/?p=25
- File Uploads- Limited to 10MB, since we recommend use of Flickr and Picasa instead
You can activate the new plugins in the ‘Plugins’ menu on the left side of your Dashboard. Permalinks can be changed in the ‘Settings’ Menu.
As always, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions/problems. Happy blogging!