Because of the system outage that occurred yesterday, some measures were put in place that introduced potential bugs in to the system configuration. In order to prevent any unplanned outages in the future, we’ll need to take the system offline starting at 8:00pm on Thursday, Feb. 17th in order to make the necessary changes. This will require stopping all running jobs in the queues as well as terminating all active user sessions on the system. The maintenance window will last until 12:00am.
Systems that will be affected:
- Information Technology Website
- Student Websites and Blogs
- High-Performance Computing Cluster
- Several Departmental Websites for the Colleges of Arts and Sciences and Engineering
- Software License Servers for Research Software
Not all systems will be down during the entire period. Users should simply expect for any of these services to be unavailable for periods during the maintenance window. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will work quickly to finish our work during the maintenance period.